- 1326.3 m2
- 329 m2
10 Decker Place Fadden Australian Capital Territory 2904
Sold Date: 14-Jun-2015
Last Update: 11 days ago
10 Decker Place Fadden, ACT
UNDER OFFER ...
More commonly known as Blue House & featured in the publication '100 Canberra Houses: a century of capital architecture' this multi-award winning home has been described as 'an example of late twentieth century organic style'. Utilising recycled timber from the wool stores & wharves of Darling Harbour & the front door from St Augustine's convent in Balmain, the home can truly be described as bespoke.
The home flows over three levels & features four bedrooms, separate office, study, three bathrooms & guest toilet. There are three living areas that provide space for an extended family. The design makes clever use of materials including timber, metal, glass, brick and terra cotta tiles. The timber finishes are of particular importance to this home. One of the absolute features of the home however, is its location. Snookered away on a huge battle axe block in a quiet cul-de-sac, the elevated position not only backs directly onto Reserve but offers sweeping views from almost every room on the upper level.
Louvre windows positioned on the upper floors allow cooling breezes for cross ventilation; eves shade the home from the hot summer sun while the aspect allows the winter sun to warm the home in winter. The building is surrounded by a native garden in keeping with the local environment & it attracts a wide variety of native birds.
Solar hot water is installed along with 21 Bosch solar photovoltaic panels on the roof which attracts the highest ACTEW rebate of 45.7 cents per KWH. There are also gas heaters & two split system air conditioners to ensure your comfort all year round.
- 1993 ACT Housing Industry Association Award for Best Use of Timber
- 1994 ACT Master Builders Association Winner Contract Homes (Open)
- 1995 Architecture Show Magazine - The Architect received a Commendation Young Home Designer Of the Year Awards
- 1996 Australian Institute of Architects ACT Canberra Medallion " House at Fadden Hills" Shane Blue & Rachael Bourne Architects
- "Canberra Architecture" first published 2003 by The Watermark Press Sydney ISBN 0 949284 63 7
- Entry 101 "Blue House" 10 Decker Place Fadden. Part of the South Canberra Section.
- "100 Canberra Houses: a century of capital architecture" published in 2013 by Halstead Press. This was a Centenary of Canberra Project sponsored by the ACT Government.
- Award Winning home designed & built by Shane Blue
- Polished timber floors & wrap-around deck
- Main bedroom has walk-in-robe & large shower in the ensuite
- Three gas heaters & two reverse cycle air-conditioners
- 329m2 of living, decks & courtyards 82m2 plus carport 42m2
- Has a mezzanine study plus an office with a bathroom, heater & entry
- Main gas BBQ & a wood fire in the courtyard
- Built In Robes
- Built In Robes
- Features: Dining Room, Family Room, Landscaped Gardens, Lounge, Polished Timber Floors, Storage, Verandah, Walk-In-Robes, EER 1.0
- Property Type: House
- Aspect Views: East
- Construction: Full Brick
- EER: 1
- Carport: 2