52-54 Comur Street Yass, NSW
A unique opportunity with huge potential. This is a beautiful example of restoration in keeping with the original design. The original design of 1906 intended 2 shopfronts with residences above and behind. Beginning in 2001, the present owners have sensitively transformed the two into a modern home with all conveniences while retaining the wonderful features of a bygone era. The result is a tribute to the current owners and is a sophisticated and extremely comfortable 4 bedroom, three bathroom double brick home complete with modern kitchen which includes integrated first quality appliances set into beautiful Australian Stringy Bark. Of course, the original purpose of this excellent piece of history should not be forgotten. The original shops could easily become quaint and very attractive professional offices or retail outlets with charm without compromise. Any one of these could be a cost effective and commercially advantageous adaption. The home is protected by a back-to-base security system and smoke alarms.
And of all this is set in a delightful cottage garden designed around the original brick kitchen - now a beautiful and comfortable office which could be the heart of a home-based business enterprise. The garden comprises mature and new plantings and includes roses in abundance, 3 superb Magnolia Grande Flora trees, Crepe Myrtles, Olive, Feijoa, Orange, Elderberry, Quince and Peach trees on a foundation of clay brick paving and verdant ground cover through which annuals and bulbs stand tall. Entrance to this wonderful property and the double garage and outlying workshops is via a remote controlled gate which provides additional security and peace of mind to the back-to-base system.
52-54 Comur Street, Yass is a unique opportunity which occurs rarely. This is well worth inspecting to see how a traditional, strong, elegant double brick build can become a comfortable modern home. This is a Must See!!
Have you got the BUG?
Join our propertybug email service for a first look at our new listings.
* Sensitively renovated 4 bedroom, 3 bathroom solid brick home, high ceilings
* Extensive living areas including 50m2 upstairs casual living area
* Elegant Dining and Lounge rooms
* Modern timber kitchen, integrated appliances, gas cooktop, first quality throughout
* Solid Cyprus Pine timber and quality tile floor coverings, beautifully renovated timber staircase
* Personnel lift for ease of access to the upper floor
* Ducted gas-fuelled heating plus operational fireplaces, RCAC
* Twin Rinnai instantaneous gas hot water services
* Extensive re-wiring and renewed plumbing
* Renovated guttering, downpipes and fascia boards
* Excellent 15m2 office , and other outside storerooms and workshops
* Beautiful cottage garden with watering system
* Double garage with two remote controlled doors, remote controlled gate
* Land: 774m2, Living: 224m2 plus 15m2 office, Garage: 48m2, Original build: 1906.