- 1.56 acre
10 Orme Rd Buderim Queensland 4556
Last Update: 185 days ago
Grand Homestead on Mountain Top Acreage
*Inspect by appointment only.
Undeniably, Buderim House is one of the most admired Buderim properties. This grand Queenslander sits stately on the highest level acreage (6,315 square metres) in one of Buderim's most appealing tree lined streets. Luxuriant sub-tropical gardens and sweeping lawns are designed to frame the exquisite proportions of the home and provide privacy, space and scale. Offering a lifestyle that's unequalled on the Sunshine Coast.
"Buderim House showcases the very finest of Buderim living, embodying a colourful history, stunning views, magnificent gardens, and exceptional elegance and grace; whilst still functioning as a welcoming family home that seamlessly blends its character and tradition with the comforts of superior contemporary living.
Circa 1913, the home's grandeur and savoir vivre still shines brightly; there is nothing comparable on the Sunshine Coast for pure old-world majesty and refinement. Host to the likes of the Duke of Gloucester and other members of the nobility throughout its past
A architect designed extension was built onto the home to enhance functionality and increase size in 2003, and it has been meticulously and tastefully completed to blend in harmoniously with the original home; everything is in synchronicity, attention to detail has been paramount, and the results are first-class.
The home itself is complete with five bedrooms, four bathrooms, home office with built-in silky oak cabinetry, well-equipped family kitchen, stately formal lounge and dining room, massive family room, huge games/media room with custom-designed built-in bar and commercial wine fridge, expansive wrap-around verandah, capacious rear deck, five vehicle lock-up accommodation plus a huge resort-style pool and spa on a fully fenced 6,315 square metre block with lush tropical gardens designed by award winning landscaped architects creating a plantation-like ambience.
All the features that make this vintage home so cherished and admired, including: Grand entrance, handsome fireplaces, VJ walls, fretwork, ornate cornices, ceiling roses, extensive lead-lighting, 3.5 metre high ceilings, silky oak cabinetry, Blackbutt timber floors, casement windows, French doors, Norfolk Island timber joinery milled from the property, and more... There is an aesthetically striking viewing tower where one can enjoy 360 degree views of the coast and hinterland, and truly feel on top of the world.
The master retreat is the essence of luxury and opulence, complete with fireplace, custom built Hoop Pine cabinetry, Italian marble spa bath, Limestone floors, walk-through wardrobe with dressing room, and picture postcard ocean views encompassing Old Woman Island.
Despite its vintage, it is a practical home with a family-friendly floor plan facilitating good separation of living; it offers a functionality and symmetry that many homes of this era lack - really enhancing its appeal as a family home.
The landscaped luxuriant sub-tropical gardens are simply exquisite, from a dense rainforest pocket through to radiant flowering trees, shrubs, palms, and majestic trees; this garden complements the home perfectly, and there are extensive lawn areas for children and pets to play, as well as hand-crafted rock benches and garden fixtures to create individual pockets of interest, and places to rest. From the sweet fragrance of frangipani trees, through to the resplendent display the jacarandas showcase when in bloom, the vibrant heliconias and gingers, stately mango trees creating cooling shade... It is a garden that is breathtaking in all seasons, and has a diversity of vegetation that thrives in the rich red soil.
Buyers in the prestige market seeking a home rich in character, steeped in tradition and charm, that can accommodate the modern family's needs with the very finest of everything; must inspect. Buderim House stands in a league of its own, and this could well be a once in a lifetime opportunity to secure this exceptional, stately homestead.
- Exceptional residence, circa 1913, heritage listed homestead;
- A home that's very 21st century;
- Recent architecturally designed additions;
- 5 bedrooms, 4 bathrooms, home office, large family kitchen;
- Formal & casual living areas, wrap-around verandah + rear deck;
- Stunning parents' retreat to rival a six star hotel;
- Huge entertaining area with bespoke bar & home theatre;
- Elegant entrance, extensive lead-lighting, VJ walls, 11 foot ceilings;
- Ornate ceiling roses, fretwork & cornices, handsome fireplaces;
- North-East aspect with ocean views & cooling breezes;
- Striking viewing tower showcases stunning 360 degree views;
- 5 car accommodation + abundant on-site parking for visitors;
- Fully fenced landscaped gardens by award winning landscape architects;
- One of Buderim's highest level acreages (6,315m2)
- Resort-style pool & heated spa, huge level lawn; great for children & pets;
- Carport: 5
Home Loan Calculator
- Property Price
- Loan Amount
- Loan Term
- Interest Rate
- About This Estimate
Property Price... The advertised property price will be automatically entered. You can change the number.
Deposit... 20% of the advertised price will be automatically entered. You can change the number.
Loan Amount... The difference between "Property price" and "Deposit" will be automatically entered.
Loan Term... 30 years will be automatically entered. You can change the number.
Interest Rate... 5％ will be automatically entered. You can change the number.
Estimated Monthly Repayments... This figure is calculated using Loan Amount, Loan Term, and Interest Rate.
- All data and information relating to this calculator is provided SOLELY FOR REFERENCE PURPOSES. Individual lenders will decide terms of the loan including the interest rate. The results of the calculation should not be considered a quote or approval for a loan. Fees and charges for loans may also apply. We make no representations or warranties, or assume no liabilities whatsoever as to this data and/or information.